Getting Engaged!



This is of course my long overdue post about getting engaged in San Diego!!

As I write this post, I am 19 days away from saying "I Do." I feel so overwhelmingly blessed by all of the love and support surrounding me over the past few months and I can not wait to marry my dreamboat.

Before our trip in San Diego I had no idea we would get engaged. I thought Tom was broke and it would at least be another 6 months until he asked the question. But something in me had to ask. I remember sitting on my bed two days before we were leaving and asking Tom, 'are you going to propose in San Diego?' He said no and kept folding clothes. I accepted it and literally didn't think about it again.

There were some hard times to the trip. My sister and I were not used to being with each other 24/7 and an entire week was getting to us. Don't get me wrong I love my sister - it just wasn't our week.

That's when I got an inkling of what was to come.

We were trying to take family photos and it wasn't working out with timing and everything so I told Tom I didn't want to take them anymore and he insisted. Tom never wants to take photos so I thought this was very weird. Then everyone started being really nice to me which was suspicious as well.

But, nevertheless I didn't ask too many questions I just went with it. We got to this beautiful lookout at Sunset Cliffs in San Diego and Tom gave his camera to my brother-in-law and my camera to my sister and was super enthusiastic about getting a photo at this one location. We posed for a few photos and boom. We're engaged!

So that's the story. Definitely beyond my wildest dreams, just like my Thomas.

No comments